Thursday, November 1, 2018

NaNoWriMo

I committed myself to write something everyday this month. I am not, though, writing 1500 words a day and aiming for the Great American Novel. I will write a poem or a blog post. I actually have a bit of a rebellious side that shuns routine and discipline but I will try. Today there is no poetry in me so it is a blog post.

I haven't left the house on my own for about two weeks. This morning I went for a short drive around the neighborhood to check on the fall foliage and to enjoy the crisp, autumn breeze. When I turned a corner toward home this chair was waiting for me to photograph it.


It could be a metaphor for my life. Either I am beyond repair and have been thrown out to be carried off as trash or I'm still pretty in pink and enjoying being outdoors. Take it as you will.

I had an appointment with the surgeon this week to discuss options for my gastrointestinal woes caused by radiation damage. It seems there are no options and I am faced with the arduous task of accepting and managing a chronic illness.  My mind has been going at 10,000 mph since trying to grasp it all. Why do we always think we can fix everything? It is so disappointing when you find out something doesn't have a fix. Better to expect the worst always so we're not so discouraged with bad news? A wise man told me to take it one day at a time. Family has offered support in helping me manage...but still it is at times daunting to wrap my brain around it.

This was going to be much longer but I can't seem to remember where I was trying to go when I started and though I began writing this morning it is now evening and its starting to get dark and looks like more rain is on the way and being a pluviophile I shouldn't miss it.  And its tea time though that seems to be turning into cookies and milk for me. Which isn't a bad thing either...






No comments: