Thursday, September 23, 2010

downpour

No sleep. My mind racing 100 mph. The lump in my throat growing bigger. The knot in my stomach is rising and soon will meet the lump in my throat and cut off my breathing all together.  Heart pounding, head throbbing, eyes refusing to close. Loud claps of thunder fill the room so that there is little space left for anything else. Then it comes...the sound of heavy rain soaking the ground and easing my spirit. Lulling me into sleep and rest and hope for tomorrow.

6 comments:

Stars said...

this is just beautifully done!

Unknown said...

Autumn?

Rhonda Boocock said...

Igor - first day of autumn...my favorite season!


Stars- awwwww-thanks!

paulboo said...

Despite the violence of a storm somehow it's quite restful, not sure why but it instils a sense of peace, maybe a sense of oneness with the earth!
Maybe I'm writing nonsense after drinking the a bottle of red wine :o)

Rhonda Boocock said...

Paul, it's amazing how profound we can be after drinking a bottle of red wine. After two bottles we are practically geniuses!

cafe selavy said...

Ho! I spent the first day of autumn under a beautiful California sun--at the beach. I may rethink my love of the darkness autumn brings.