Saturday, April 25, 2009

safe


I will ease your pain I will cure your hurt,
now I lay me down to sleep
but your magic I will keep
safe and protected
from eyes and ears
of those who don't understand

who don't see what I see
all I ask in return is a piece of redemption
sucked
from your fingertips
which
seems

to
be

the

only
place

I'm
safe

fall down weeping
in quiet halls of filth
and I will hold your head in my lapand whisper you
into sleep folded close to my heart which
seems
to
be

the
only
place

you
are

safe.
Tomorrow will be the same

as today and yesterday

but still I know
what
you need to survive
trust me to bring you
into
sweet reposeand peace

1 comment:

cafe selavy said...

Trust. Mighty tall order. We all want two things--Stasis and Change.

The photo has the aroma of something I've lost.

Good post.