Sunday, March 4, 2018

my view from a secluded room




  Passing the time while
time is passing…I see
darkened windows like
vacant eyes revealing
the empty, hollow,
 silent interior of the house.
Walking up the stairs
to enter the front door,
I find it standing ajar.
The moonlight shining 
behind my shoulder
illuminates the dark hallway.
I walk through each room
searching for some signs
of life but only see 
desolate, bare walls
and abandoned worn furniture
from someone's former life.


I could fill the rooms with 
my collections, turn it into
a suburban residence that 
matches all the other houses.
Or I could run away to 
a more joyful home with
things and noise and trivial pursuits.
But there is something about the
solitude and quiet beauty here.
I think I could be happy
in this deserted place...
find peace...or at least feel safe.

Maybe bring in some flowers
And books, a photograph
In a frame…all it really needs.
All I need to pass the time.


No comments: