Thursday, May 24, 2012

feeling safe

I've been thinking a lot the last few weeks about feeling safe.  Not feeling safe in your own skin is a terrifying thing to feel and to watch happen to someone you love. I watched her slowly come undone and couldn't stop it.  It is still haunting me every minute of every day.  I want to make her feel safe but I know she has to learn to trust and believe in herself. She has to do the work...I can only love and support and hold and care for her until she comes back to us.

My beloved husband and best friend, Paul, makes me feel safe and I've been leaning a lot on him...And there are such good people that have been here for us, offering love and support and so much more...Thank you all!



Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person - having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.  ~Dinah Craik, A Life for a Life, 1859

2 comments:

Paul Boocock said...

Not sure what to say really except that what came undone can be done up again!! It will be too. :)

Rhonda Boocock said...

I'm sure it will too! xoxoxo