Thursday, May 21, 2009

bit of heaven


I think the words to my previous post, Turf, are lost forever. Maybe not, they may reappear on some sleepless night when my soul is in a dark place. But for now they are gone...


And I think I need to expand this blog to include other words....not just poetry because I don't write poetry often enough (and usually only when I'm sad and depressed) but I use words, almost, every day. On Cafe Selavy's blog, a few weeks ago, we agreed upon the univeral truth that children and bubbles are definitely included on the list of beautiful things in the world, a constant even, no matter where you go. I would like to add water to that list too. This afternoon I spent a few pleasant hours watching handicapped children enjoying water play. Their disabilities forgotten in the laughter. Even my own emotional disabilities forgotten for those few blessed moments. I feel calm and peaceful now. A school, in the last few hours before summer, can become a restless, hectic place but outside today in the grass we all found a bit of heaven.

2 comments:

cafe selavy said...

That is what kids were invented for, I think, to make us forget our own handicaps for a while. It is difficult to think about yourself when kids are around. e.e. cummings had all of that right, I think.

br said...

beautiful words and sentiment. thank you.